In order to undertake the RTO initial registration process yourself, you should consider the following questions:
- Do you have prior experience with the RTO registration process?
- Do you have experience in managing an RTO?
- Do you have sufficient time available to prepare the RTO application?
- Do you have sufficient knowledge about the VET Quality Framework and the relevant legislation?
- Are you familiar with the requirements for new RTO applicants?
- Do you think you will be able to meet the stringent ‘financial viability’ requirements? Have you discussed the details with your Accountant? (This is a critical part of the RTO registration process. If you have not done this already, we recommend that you discuss the ‘Financial Viability’ requirements with your Accountant before making a decision to apply for registration.
- Have you read the latest news from the regulator? Please click here: https://www.asqa.gov.au/news-publications/news
If you answered ‘Yes’ to most of the above questions, you are in a good position to complete the RTO registration process yourself. However, you can expedite the process, by using our customizable, ready-to-use policies, procedures and forms templates.
You can select any one or all of the DIY templates that will put you in a very good position to get your application ready and registration and get your RTO set up for compliant and quality managed training and assessment systems.