As you may be aware, the Principal Executive Officer (PEO) of every CRICOS registered ELICOS entity MUST ensure compliance with the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act) and the associated legislation, as well as the ELICOS Standards 2018. Any breaches of the ESOS legislation can result in penalties and suspension or cancellation of registration. In particular, the PEO needs to ensure:
- provision of quality services to international students
- ongoing compliance with the new National Code 2018
- ongoing compliance with the ELICOS Standards 2018
- training is provided to relevant staff in relation to their obligations under the ESOS framework
- preventive and corrective actions are implemented where considered necessary.
Are you compliant?
Are you worried about whether you are meeting compliance requirements or not?
Would you like to get an external review of your operations, policies and procedures just to make sure that you are on the right track?
We can help with doing a full review of your operations.
About our Principal Consultant
Compliance Health Check Process
We have developed policies and Procedures manuals to align with the current legislation. Therefore, the approach we like to use is as follows:
- Review your ELICOS operations against the 2018 ESOS legislation and match relevant policy and procedures documents to ensure compliance
- Review your ELICOS operations against the new ELICOS Standards 2018 to assist your in maintaining compliance
- If we find that your policies and procedures are not fully compliant with the current legislation, we help with the rectification as part of this process
Process- We would need to:
- Visit your site and talk to the key operational staff to understand their processes and assess the documents they are using
- Identify areas that may need rectification
- Fix up documents that we can fix up immediately; and advise your team members to fix up any remaining documents, processes and systems that we think need changes
- Follow-up with the team members to check if the amendments are being made and/or implemented
- Provide you with a copy of remaining rectifications with the proposed solutions
The outcome we would expect after our review is that:
- You will have a set of up to date compliance handbooks for staff for your ELICOS operations
- Your operations will be streamlined to match the processes outlined in the staff handbook
- Any remaining rectifications that require extended staff input (if applicable) will have been identified and documented with proposed solutions to be actioned within a set timeframe. This will help you follow up with the relevant team member and ensure that any remaining rectifications are rectified
*NOTE: Please note that this service does not include reviewing checking and validating your course materials and assessments.
Time-frame to get the above done
- 4-5 weeks (inclusive of site visits)
- Fees: $6,000+ GST
- Note: Travel expenses outside of the Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast will be charged separately at cost. We try to keep travel costs to an absolute minimum.
If you would like to get a compliance health check done, please proceed with the purchase:
We can offer you ongoing ‘Compliance and Management Consultant’ services. Please click here for details.